Monday, December 7, 2009

   

Mattel Ratatouille Little Chef Remy
From Mattel


  • Amazon Sales Rank: #103904 in Toys & Games
  • Brand: Ratatouille
  • Model: L2399
  • Released on: 2007-06-01
  • Dimensions: 10.63" h x 6.69" w x 4.33" l, 2.03 pounds


Remy is the rat with a craze for cooking from the recent Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille. As a rodent who aspires to eating something better than the food remains that humans throw away, Remy accidentally becomes a chef at a Paris restaurant and starts eating meals fit for a king. This interactive Little Chef Remy transfers the fun and humor from the movie into an adorable, engaging plush toy.

Sensors in Little Chef Remy trigger features like talking or dancing to music, wiggling his ears, blinking his eyes, and sniffing his nose. The 12-inch-tall rat says funny phrases from the film and does tricks with his chef's spoon, bringing the fun from the theater into your home.


Remy, the main rat character from the Disney/Pixar movie, Ratatouille, comes to life with engaging, interactive play features. Little Chef Remy talks and dances to music. Kid-activated sensors control his wiggling ears, blinking eyes, and sniffing nose


I love it for myself, but others be wary.3
Being an adult, I love my kiddie toys. I like having this toy on my desk at work. It makes me smile to turn it on and watch it move once in a while. The animatronics on it are great for the price. Lots of movement. But seeing how this toy is geared towards someone many years younger than I, I must caution giving this as a gift to a younger child. The toy is hard, heavy, and not at all cuddle-able. I should also mention that it is loud when activated (I'm guessing that was done in order to cover up the sound of the moving mechanical parts). It has a few delicate parts, such as the arms and ears, that may easily become damaged if banged into. I have not tested this myself nor will I do so. Why would I want to attempt to break my own toy to see how durable it is? I'm sure they may be some "safety" mechanical features that keeps this toy from breaking easily. There aren't any real interactive features to this product that the advertisements may make you think. The only thing it does is respond to something that is moved close to its nose and mouth. How many times can someone make it respond to something that simple before they get over that feature? Less than 10 I suspect. Don't expect this to keep any child entertained for more than 5 minutes. It works great for myself because I love the character and I love having it dance for me on my desk when I need a pick me up.

My 7 year old daughter loves it...4
She says it is "so cool!" They get to pretend to cook with Remy. She took Remy and got out a kitchen bowl and started adding pretend food and Remy was sniffing it....it was so cute. We have had it for 2 weeks now, works great. Just be sure to turn off after use to save battery, b/c he will keep talking. You also have to turn the button underneath off from "demo", to regular so he will go through ALL the phrases. The only thing that I will say about disliking it...we paid [...] for it at another store, and I don't know if it's really worth more than that unless your child loved the movie as much as mine!

Fun for the kitchen4
My kids and I loved the movie and positively adore Remy, plus we enjoy cooking and baking together, so I thought Little Chef Remy would make a fun addition to our kitchen.

Remy's main feature is that he "smells" and comments on anything put underneath his nose. He "dances" and plays joyful cooking music too. My husband and I find Remy to be quite hilarious actually, and it's nice to have him around whenever we need a good laugh. You never know how he will react to each "ingredient" he smells and he certainly "knows" what he doesn't like. My kids love it when he says "eeeeewwwww, that is gross!"

I agree with one of the previous reviewers that Remy should definiately not be considered a toy for children to have. Even if he were, he'd end up collecting dust in a corner somewhere after only a few minutes of "smelling" various objects the kids could find. By keeping Remy in the kitchen, he's ready to be enjoyed by us and any adult or child that comes for a visit. He sure does look cute sitting on the counter by the stove too!

As for the price, I purchased Remy over the holidays for a significant Amazon discount. I personally don't think he's worth paying full price for, but if you find him on sale, he's a fun addition to your kitchen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment